Jul 18, 2022, 13:47 PM
Percussive Arts Society
Percussive Arts Society is hiring a Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our dynamic team with a non-profit mission to inspire and support percussionists worldwide.
Be a crucial part of our small, dynamic team as the Digital Marketing Coordinator at the Percussive Arts Society and Rhythm! Discovery Center. Our non-profit mission is to inspire, educate, and support percussionists and drummers throughout the world. We achieve our mission in three major ways: as the Percussive Arts Society by being the world’s largest percussion organization, the central source of information and networking for percussionists and drummers of all ages; as the Rhythm! Discovery Center, the world’s only interactive drum and percussion museum; and through PASIC and other programming. The Percussive Arts Society International Convention (PASIC) is the largest percussion convention in the world, featuring the top names in drumming and percussion with more than 100 concerts, clinics, and presentations in all areas of percussion.
As our Digital Marketing Coordinator, you will have an impact on supporting percussion, drumming, and music education internationally as one of your key duties is to amplify the resources we create. You’ll enhance your local community by supporting an exciting music museum and music programming for all ages. You’ll reap personal rewards being surrounded by creative, passionate artists and professionals.
Location: This position is required to work from the PAS office in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
- $40,000 annual
- Comprehensive health benefits package
10 days Paid Time Off + week between Christmas and New Years
- Opportunity to participate in a 401K Plan with matching benefits up to 3%.
Starting date: Immediately
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all Social Media channels for the Percussive Arts Society and the Rhythm! Discovery Center, including creating content, posting content, answering customer questions, implementing channel updates, and interacting with others
- Oversee and work closely with PAS volunteer groups who have their own social media channels
- Oversee and create any social media advertising
- Monitoring brand mentions online and sharing insights with the rest of our team
- Creating monthly reports for social media and websites
- Staying informed of changes in the social media landscape
- Monitor social media accounts and conduct social listening to stay knowledgeable on trends and news in our community
- Attending periodic live events (5-15 days per year) and manage social media from those events
- Implement SEO strategies and report on website analytics
- Design, create, and implement all marketing emails using an email marketing platform including but not limited to: monthly newsletters, event marketing emails, corporate sponsor emails, announcement emails, and other emails as necessary
- Design printed marketing materials including but not limited to: brochures, merchandise, signage, printed advertising
- Assisting with our events and programming as needed
- Other job duties as assigned
A minimum of three years of experience in social media, marketing, and communications. Membership association or non-profit experience is a plus. Understanding of digital marketing and social media landscape including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tik Tok,
and emerging platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related field from an accredited college or university. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Other knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Knowledge of SEO strategies and implementation of web analytics
- Graphic design experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in Adobe Photoshop, Canva, and other graphic design platforms
- Ability to use Google Office Platform and work in a cloud environment
- Knowledge of basic photo and video editing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Understanding of audience research and creating content for different audiences
- Willingness to collaborate across multiple departments
- Learning mindset
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Independent worker
Nice to have:
- Percussion/Drum or other music experience/knowledge
- Experience managing, creating, or implementing content on websites
- Photography or video skill
Please submit a résumé and cover letter via email to:
Joshua Simonds, PAS Executive Director, at email@example.com
. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Applications will be paper-screened and those exhibiting superior qualifications will be invited to interview. No phone calls, please.