Solo Artist Competition
The only one of its kind in the U.S., the new PAS Solo Artist Competition will happen every year, with the instrument category alternating between Drum Set and Solo Percussion.
2020 Competition | Drum Set - June 17-19, 2020
2021 Competition | Solo Percussion - June 2021
Applications accepted through November 2019. Entrants must be 18 - 30 years old. PAS membership is not required. No Entry Fee.
DEADLINE: August 1st, 2019
To encourage and reward composers who write music for percussion instruments and to increase the number of quality compositions written for percussion.
Solo Marimba (Solo Marimba refers to one instrument and one player)
- $3,000 grand prize (up to two honorable mentions – $250.00 each)
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be listed on the PAS website with composer’s picture and bio.
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be listed along with review of work(s) in Percussive Notes of March 2020.
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be further announced at PASIC.
- Winning composition will be performed in the USA during 2020. Other performances around the world may occur based around availability of performers.
International Percussion Ensemble Competition
APPLICATION CLOSED FOR 2019
The purpose of the Percussive Arts Society International Percussion Ensemble Competition is to encourage, promote and reward musical excellence among middle school/junior high, high school and collegiate percussion ensembles.
Concert Chamber Percussion Ensemble Competition
The purpose of the Concert Chamber Percussion Ensemble Competition is provide a competitive avenue for collegiate and high school-level small "concert" percussion ensembles (8 members max).