Solo Artist Competition
The only one of its kind in the U.S., the new PAS Solo Artist Competition will happen every year, with the instrument category alternating between Drum Set and Solo Percussion.
To encourage and reward composers who write music for percussion instruments and to increase the number of quality compositions written for percussion.
Solo Vibraphone - 100th Year of the Vibraphone!
- $3,000 grand prize (up to two honorable mentions – $250.00 each). Additional pieces may be acknowledged by the judges due to their quality. These pieces will not receive financial awards.
- Winning composition, Honorable mention(s), and additional pieces selected by the judges will be listed on the PAS website with composer’s picture and bio.
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be listed along with review of work(s) in Percussive Notes during early 2022.
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be further announced at PASIC.
- Winning composition will be performed in the USA shortly after the winner is announced. Other performances around the world may occur based around availability of performers.
International Percussion Ensemble Competition
The purpose of the Percussive Arts Society International Percussion Ensemble Competition is to encourage, promote and reward musical excellence among middle school/junior high, high school and collegiate percussion ensembles.
Concert Chamber Percussion Ensemble Competition
The purpose of the Concert Chamber Percussion Ensemble Competition is provide a competitive avenue for collegiate and high school-level small "concert" percussion ensembles (8 members max).