DEADLINE: August 1st, 2019
To encourage and reward composers who write music for percussion instruments and to increase the number of quality compositions written for percussion.
Solo Marimba (Solo Marimba refers to one instrument and one player)
- $3,000 grand prize (up to two honorable mentions – $250.00 each)
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be listed on the PAS website with composer’s picture and bio.
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be listed along with review of work(s) in Percussive Notes of March 2020.
- Winning composition and Honorable mention(s) will be further announced at PASIC.
- Winning composition will be performed in the USA during 2020. Other performances around the world may occur based around availability of performers.
International Percussion Ensemble Competition
APPLICATION CLOSED FOR 2019
The purpose of the Percussive Arts Society International Percussion Ensemble Competition is to encourage, promote and reward musical excellence among middle school/junior high, high school and collegiate percussion ensembles.
Concert Chamber Percussion Ensemble Competition
The purpose of the Concert Chamber Percussion Ensemble Competition is provide a competitive avenue for collegiate and high school-level small "concert" percussion ensembles (8 members max).
Solo Artist Competition
Thank you for your interest in the PAS Solo Artist Competition. Please note that during 2018, PAS will be reevaluating our contests and compositions. Please check back here for more information on 2019 towards the end of the year.